Monday, November 16, 2009

The big 3-0

Yep. That's right. I turned 30 yesterday. It was a great time. The virtual facebook birthday wishes began Saturday night and continued on into Monday. Wonderful cards from my husband and kids, the coolest travel tea cup I've ever seen (plus the promise to order some bulk herbal tea), a painted chair from my mom for my soap/work room with the kids' handprints on it (I was in tears), a super fuzzy and warm blanket of my own from my in-laws and more. We had a dinner at church and then a bonfire with family in the evening. It was a little strange to have a party just for me. My sister-in-law Amanda's birthday is the day after mine so we usually celebrate them together. We love that we get to share birthdays! This year we both have big birthdays (30 for me and 16 for her) so we each get a day to ourselves. My really awesome little brother baked my cake and Carlie frosted it. It was nice to spend time with family and just chat and hang out and not have to work or build or clean or do anything. I think my 30s are off to a nice start. :)




Sitting in my new chair enjoying some birthday cake...

~jill (who is still stuffed from overeating yesterday)

No comments: