Thursday, March 22, 2007

Baby Jack and Springtime

Last Thursday Bruce, Carlie, and myself made our way to my ultrasound appointment. The baby is healthy and looks good. The technician asked if we would like to know the sex of the baby. Well, of course!

She said, ' It's very definetly a boy.'
Hooray!

Carlie was right all along. Good thing too. She had her heart set on a brother, I think she would have been disappointed otherwise. Now she's ready to shop for clothes, toys, and paint for the walls...

I've been battling migraines about 5 days out of the week. I've been to doctors and they are trying to find what medication will work. The first medication reduced the severity and frequency of the migraines - but the doctors still aren't happy with 3- 4 days a week of mild headaches. I start a stronger dose of the same medication today with hopes that the migraines will nearly disappear. It's just a matter of finding out what works for me. If there's no further improvement then I'll have an MRI. (nothing to worry about - just to take a look at what's going on)

************
Spring is upon us, but how can you tell?

1.The family has been fighting off a bad cold too. I had it first and then shared with Carlie, and now Bruce. It's a great way to start out the spring season. Sore throat. Drippy nose. Mild fever. Just spectacular...

2.Already the daffodils have popped up through the ground.

3.I've been hearing frogs and red-winged black birds sing.

4.Oh, and Bruce and I saw a skunk in the road. Not roadkill - the black and white mammal was walking in the middle of the road and was startled by the car in front of us. He sprayed and the stench lingered in the car for a few miles.

Ahhh, the sounds and smells of spring.

No comments: