Tuesday, June 26, 2007

And the Emmy goes to...







My amazingly talented father, Gary Ewell, works in television and is very good at what he does. My dad was nominated for 3 regional Emmy awards this year - Documentary (program), Writer (long form), and Writer (short form). He competed against some truly talented competition and won the Emmy for Writer (short form). -Whoo-hoo! Congratulations! - This award had previously been called Segment Writing and he has three of these at home. So now he as won 4 times and I think they are running out of space for the statuettes.


It was nice to dress up and go out to a fancy adult-only event (even if I was 33 weeks pregnant for the festivities). After some hours of sitting (in the car, while eatting, sitting at the impossibly small tables) I was having a lot of swelling. This happens a lot when you're pregnant in the summer. Bruce and I decided to walk to a comfy bench so I could rest a bit more comfortably for a while. Over the course of, oh - let's say 5 minutes or so, 5 women asked me if I was in labor. 5 women! And here I was, under the impression that I didn't look half bad for being so large, tired, and uncomfortable. I guess I was wrong.

No comments: