Monday, July 16, 2007

Attack of the Ants...

I'm over 37 weeks pregnant and we're trying to sell our house. (Perfect timing, I know - but it's the right thing for us to do. ) The doctor says I can have the baby any day, which is great news, so I'm trying to get a bunch finished up around the house before that. I've been painting the stairway, kitchen, livingroom - everything. Today I need to paint the new trim, but I've had a bit of a problem.

I carried out the saw horses, some white trim and the paint so I could get started. I painted two pieces of trim before being attacked by ants. Seriously. They were swarming all over the porch and my feet. I had to abandon my shoes and paint and came in the house with a few bites (hard to tell since my feet are swollen anyway). I tried to retaliate with soapy water and the garden hose. no luck yet, those little suckers are the spawn of Satan - I'm sure of it! hopefully I'll beat them and paint the remainder of the trim...

No comments: