Tuesday, January 06, 2009

25 random things about me

1. Have 1 husband, 2 children, and no pets.
2. We're getting chickens in the spring.
3. I like to garden and grow our own food.
4. Last year we grew things like corn, carrots, and tomatillos.
5. This year I want to grow popcorn, potatoes, and maybe a grain (like oats)
6. I have a degree in biology but I'm a stay at home mom.
7. I'm a soapmaker.
8. Occassionally I teach after-school classes about archaeology and we run a mock 'dig' site for the kids.
9. I cannot ride a bike.
10. Or whistle.
11. My name is Jill and my son's name is Jack.
12. That was not my idea - his sister named him.
13. I met my husband at a bible study.
14. My husband, Bruce, and I teach the teens at our church.
15. I read a lot. Usually more than 1 book a week.
16. My goal last year was to learn to make bread from scratch.
17. We no longer buy store-bought bread.
18. I have a younger brother. I'm 15 years older, but he's 4 inches taller (so far)
19. My sister-in-law taught me how to knit.
20. I like to makes lists. My family and my youth kids tease me about it.
21. I like to walk my daughter to and from school.
22. When I was young I wanted to be Indiana Jones.
23. I don't like to drive.
24. My daughter claims my favorite color is green.
25. I like green, but I like red better.

No comments: