Monday, January 03, 2011

Happy New Year

Well, I'm not much for resolutions but I love frivolous lists.  :)

  1. Sweet or Savoury?  Usually sweet.  But love spicy, too.
  2. Dresses or Jeans?  Actually, skirts or yoga pants.  Depends on the day and the weather.
  3. House or Apartment?  House.  I like a yard and the really of being rooted somewhere.  I crave soil to dig and plant, trees to fill up my view.  I am not a city girl.
  4. Shop Online or Offline?  Both.  Etsy, craiglist, Ebay, Amazon and itunes are some of my favorites.  I love handmade items and try to buy used where we can.  I haven't tried ordering any food online.  
  5. DVDs or Downloads?  Streaming netflix or DVDs.  We borrow from the library or netflix and we own a number of used movies.  We're movie people, not tv people.
  6. Cocktails or Juice?  Eh, neither.  Juice, on occassion.
  7. Chocolate or Strawberry?  Chocolate.  :)
  8. Laptop or PC?  Netbook.  And I love it.  It does the basics and I don't need anything fancy.  But it's more convenient and portable.
  9. Magazines or Newspapers?  I'll say magazines.  We like 'National Geographic', 'Mother Earth News', and such.  I read a lot of news online.
  10. Facebook or Twitter?  Facebook (and far too often).  Admittedly, I just don't get Twitter...
  11. CDs or MP3s?  mp3s.  I love not having stacks of cds sitting around or dealing with the packaging.  (does anyone else hate shrink wrap?
  12. Kids or Pets?  Both!  We have two lovely and spunky children, 1 gigantic dog, and 4 crazy chickens.  (this is where I tell you I dream of having goats!)
  13. Macaron or Cupcakes?  Cupcakes or brownies.  My SIL makes great cupcakes and dreams of having her own bakery.  I make brownies from scratch and we are never going back to boxed!  
  14. Walk or Run?  Walk.  I enjoy running, but with my scoliosis it isn't a great idea.  Last time I ran consistently, my back freaked out and I spent a week on the couch and a month on the sidelines.  I walk and do yoga...  
  15. Breakfast in Bed or Breakfast Out?  Out.  We rarely get the chance to sleep it and once I'm up, I'm up.
  16. Market or Supermarket?  In summer we grow a lot of our own and shop farmer's markets to buy local.  Otherwise, I go where I can get the best food prices.  And we live across the road from a grocery store.  :)
  17. Sourdough or Grainy?  Anything as long as it's homemade!
  18. Heels or Flats?  Flats. (I'd really rather not wear shoes at all.)
  19. Late nights or Not?  Hahaha.  Not.  It's a big joke in our house that I can barely stay up past 9pm.
  20. Coffee or Tea?  Herbal tea.  I like the smell of coffee but I can't drink it.

No comments: