Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sew much more...

I finally started the dress I wanted to make for Carlie for Christmas. (about time, I know) All that's left is to attach the binding on the collar and sleeves and maybe a few decorative buttons on the front. Sewing from a pattern was pretty painless this time around. If I keep working at it I'll have the shirt for Jack and the pants for both kids finished in time! (keep your fingers crossed for me) I've been wanting to make a skirt for myself, but it'll have to wait until after the holidays. (it's a really great pattern I found on burdastyle) Sooner or later I'll get around to posting some pictures of the clothes. I haven't been knitting much, but I did manage to sew a fleece hat and mitten set for Jack. I've been working hard on improving my skills. I"m just focusing on one skill set at a time.

In regards to the other challenge: the house has been between 62 and 66 degrees in the day and somewhere around 60 at night. Not too bad.

We're trying hard to use less energy. We invested in a set of heavy drapes for the bedroom and I might make some for the living room. Bruce noticed that a lot of cold air is coming up from the basement through the heater ducts. Right now we're just covering them with pillows or blankets until we come up with a better solution.

It's been cold and windy here in Michigan. We're trying hard to stay warm (but not too warm). Grab an extra sweater, make a cup of tea, and curl up under a blanket with a good book.

No comments: