Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Not long now...

36 weeks... not long to go now.  The doctors hope I can last another week (they don't think I'll make it anywhere near my due date, but that's no surprise.).

Although the picture is relatively flattering... here are a few things I will not miss:
*My ginormous belly.  I'd much rather hold my baby in my arms than have her sit on my bladder.
*My ginormous rear-end that matches the belly.  Because, you know, it's all about balance.
*Peeing 87 times a day.  It's a little much.
*Pregnancy insomnia.  Can't fall asleep, wake up all night long, can't fall back asleep, get up at 4 am because, hey!  Why not. 
*Having my very big, very low belly hang out of every shirt I own (maternity, or otherwise).
*Only wearing flipflips.  It's getting chilly and my feet are cold.  And a girl likes more options when it comes to footwear.  Something other that dirty green flipflops.
*Having everyone ask how I feel.  Because clearly, I don't feel that great.  I have daily contractions, I've already visited the hospital, I've been dilated (to some degree) for weeks, I pee 87 times a day, I can't reach my own feet, I can't bend over, I can't sleep... do I need to continue?
*Waddling.  I hate waddling.  It's embarrassing.
*Having everyone (friends and strangers alike) say either: "You're so big!  Are you sure it isn't twins?" or "Are you still pregnant?  It's been forever!"  Yes, obviously I'm still pregnant.  (notice the waddling?) and I know how long it has been.  Trust me.  But it's still a month early.
*Not being able to do anything by myself.  I don't like asking for help, but I can no longer push mow the yard, clean out the chicken coop, or lift a 25 lb bag of dog food.


I'm ready to be done.  The very end of pregnancy is hard.  It's exhausting.  It makes you tired and emotional and cranky.  I'm looking forward to holding our new daughter and learning her personality.  Seeing what color eyes she has.  And if she has her dad's mouth, or mine.  I want to start working out again... and wear normal clothes.  I want Jack to feel like a big brother.  And for Carlie to know what it's like to have a sister.  *sigh*  Not much longer...

No comments: